22 January 2011

Padding the Acorns for the Back . . .



 After I finished padding the remainder of the acorns, 3 of the leaves, and the 2 remaining blossoms for the front.
 I cut them all out and sewed them to their places.


Because I chose to construct the garment first and then embroider it, I needed to figure out a way to keep the material taut while I worked on the embroidery.  The first few days, I tried a number of options, all of which failed.  My husband helped me figure the best solution out.  I have wrapped my hoop that clamps to my table with a thick padding of soft white cotton.  I then pin (at either seam lines or thread trace lines) the fabric down so it is taut but not stretched.  This seems to be working rather well as it keeps everything lifted so I can easily maneuver both of my hands while I am working.  The only time this has not worked is on the pieces that are right at or overlapping the neckline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment