05 January 2011

More Silver Strawberry Leaves . . .

The next leaf was created using 90% Silver Bright Check Purl (size 6) and Silver Plated Rough Pearl (size 4).  It was laid down in the pattern of 3 rows of Bright Check followed by 1 row of Rough Purl.


The next leaf was executed using Silver Plated Rough Purl (size 4) and 90% Silver Smooth Purl (size 6) in a pattern of 3 rows of Rough Purl and 1 row of Smooth Purl. 
The second side was getting very kinked.  I think I was trying to go too fast and cutting the purls slightly too long.  Anyways, I thought the cut purls looked kind of exciting standing off the fabric like this when I was ripping them out.  It might have been a reflection of my state of mind while doing this too.


 After re-doing the second side.  I still found it a bit difficult.  I think it might have been because the #4 smooth purl was trying to sink into the others, or maybe I was still cutting them a bit too long. 

The bodice so far . . .
 A couple more photos of the group of strawberries leaves finished the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment