27 January 2011

2 More Acorns Done . . .

 Acorn top:  Silver Plated Rough Purl (size 4) in rows of s-ing that are packed in together to cover the top.
Acorn bottom:  It is outlined in Silver Plated Super Pearl Purl and filled with chipping of 90% Silver Smooth Purl (size 6).



 For some reason, I find that the Rough Purl kinks extremely easily.  I do not know why it seems to kink easier than Smooth Purl.  After finishing half of the top of the 2 of these acorns, I decided to rip it out and redo it.  The Rough Purl was just kinking too much and every time I would try to fix the issue, it got worse. 








Below is a photo of the back of the acorn after I completed the chipping.  I wanted to show how compact the stitching is because the surface area is larger on the acorn surface than the flat outline because of the padding.  Because of this, it gets very difficult to get the needle in and out when doing the chipping.  I broke 2 needles on this acorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment