25 June 2010

Sourcing

I thought I should put a note here to let you know that all of my fabrics are having to be resourced. I have been working on this since the end of May. Many of my sources that I previously used are either not restocking the fabrics I need or the fabrics I need are backordered until the end of the summer at the earliest. I have scouted out a few fabric stores in London and am hoping I will find what I need over there! Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I have gone through my usual list of fabric stores in NYC, San Fransisco, Connecticut, Washington State, NC, and online.

I got my spiral steel boning yesterday, and I am in process of finishing both muslins. I am hoping both will be done before I leave for Britain on Sunday. Unfortunately when I did my timeline, I was not expecting to have to resource all my materials. However, I did find out that knitting needles and needlepoint supplies can go through TSA security at the airport if they are to finish a current project. I have printed this out and plan on stitching away in coach!

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1252.shtm

No comments:

Post a Comment