21 June 2010

Duchess Gown Muslin- Option A

Photos of the Option A Gown with the Jacket muslin #1. I wanted to see how they looked together and make sure the lines of the gown and jacket complemented each other.



Photos of the Muslin after the Corselette was sewn in. I am waiting on my spiral steel boning to come in to attach the skirt lining. I did try plastic boning to substitute but it was so curled that I could not fit it on the dressform. I think this is because it was old plastic boning. Regardless, when I tried to put it on the dressform, the plastic boning would spin around so it was curving the wrong direction. I decided to fit it without the boning and wait for the spiral steel boning to arrive.







After I did the pattern for the body of the gown, I made the muslin to check the fit. I created the pattern off of my Strapless Foundation Block that fits my form. I wanted to check the fit before I made the pattern for the corselette. After fitting it, I adjusted the pattern slightly (there was of unnecessary ease at top of the side seam).


No comments:

Post a Comment