18 June 2010

Jacket Muslin #2 Continued . . .

Photo of Jacket on my display form:


Photos of the Jacket on my dressform with Sleeve Option C attached. I wanted to finish 1 sleeve and check it on the form and on a person before I cut the second sleeve to make sure fit and fullness were correct.





After I looked at it on the form, I felt that there wasn't enough fullness in the sleeve still, so I made another pattern (sleeve opt. d) with more fullness added and a bit more cap height. I must admit that it is amazing to me how much more fullness there has to be on the sheerer fabric for the fullness to be seen.



Here are photos of Jacket Muslin #2 after the second sleeve using Sleeve Option D pattern was sewn into jacket. Left sleeve is Option D, Right Sleeve is Option C.




I still think it needs more fullness. Right now I am working on the Duchess Gown pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment