15 February 2011

2 Problem Blossoms . . .

 This blossom was done with Silver Plated Rough Purl (size 4) and 90% Silver Smooth Purl.  I had a lot of trouble with the cutwork on this, as you can see in the first photo.  I'm not sure if it was an issue with how I was doing to cutwork or with the shape of the padding.  I ripped out the center 3 times, but I am still not happy with it.  If I have time I will be doing both of these over.




This blossom was done using Silver Plated Broad Plate (size 6).  As you can see, I had issues with the right petal.  I did it over a couple times, but I want to try it again.  The shape of the padding twists directions a couple times, and I believe this is what is causing the issues.  I think with the number of curves, I need to increase the number of times I tie off.


No comments:

Post a Comment