12 February 2011

1 Acorn and 2 Strawberry Leaves . . .

I had been having trouble with the curved top of the acorn when I used plated over it.  I found a solution by sewing down 1 small piece of plate across the curve and then starting the longer piece of plate across the top.  This allowed me to get the whole curved shape covered with plate smoothly without have to cross over in a tangled manner.

Acorn Top:  Intertwined rows of S-ing, Silver Plated Rough Purl (size 4) and 90% Silver Smooth Purl (size 6) in a pattern of 2 Rough, 3 Smooth
Acorn Bottom:  Silver Plated Whipped Plate (size 6)



These 3 leaves are have been covered with couched 90% Silver Smooth Passing (no.6) in a modified cretan stitch pattern.  I used 2 strands of doubled smooth passing at the same time allowing them to cross down the center line from side to side.












No comments:

Post a Comment