27 March 2011

The Gown Lining . . .

I chose to line the gown, not just back and face it, because of the metal threads.  I felt it would add a bit more stability to the gown and it would protect the metal thread ends that were plunged. 

 Handstitching a waist stay in place.  I have topstitched casings for double boning at each seam (Front Princess, Side seam, and Back Princess).  I've used spiral steel boning.
 To help support the weight of the train, I added an inner corset closure.
 Pinning the button loops (made out of body fabric) into place.
 Stitching them by hand.


 Adding a stay to the Center Back to help support the loops.
 Stays have been attached to the waist stay from the train to help support the weight of the fabric.
 Stitch twill tape to the neckline to ensure it does not stretch or distort.
 Clipping the seam allowance and tacking it back.


Attaching the Lining to the Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment