02 November 2010

Progressing is being made (I promise!)

So my sewing machine that I love, decided it needed a short hiatus before getting to work on my gowns. The needle assembly broke and was down for about 2 weeks after our last committee meeting. All is fixed now and it is running better than ever.

Progress has been slow. With the metal embroidery, on the bodice, there is very little room for alterations after the embroidery is on the gown. I had my latest fitting with Leigh last Friday. Unfortunately, I was not as aggressive as I needed to be in the previous pattern corrections, so the petticoat bodice that I had almost finished before the fitting is not usable. I have already made the appropriate pattern corrections to the pattern for the petticoat bodice and the gown bodice. Yesterday I started cutting and sewing actual fabric, so hopefully progress will start picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment